Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My First Concert

   Last night, I went to my first concert, featuring Evanescence. We ended up arriving at about 7:30, though there were two other acts first, so Evanescence didn't come on until about 9:00. I have to say, it was really exciting, though it felt a little unreal, with me trying to get my head around that the actual band is on that stage 50m away. They played alot of songs that I like, including my favorite, Lost in Paradise. I remember feeling surprised (for some reason) when they played Bring Me To Life, which felt like the most energetic song. It was also unexpected (by me at least) that they played Swimming Home. It also felt a little cut off at the end; I felt like they should be playing more. The lighting was spectacular, especially during Your Star. You can find recordings of alot of the songs by going to youtube and searching "Evanescence Melbourne March 24th". I couldn't really get any good pictures, since I was using my horrible phone camera, which got blinded by the lights.
   WOOT!!! First concert was great!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your very first concert! There's something special about seeing artists you live right there live. Did you also enjoy the support act? Sometimes they're also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, that's artists you love. I love my iPad, but it drives me nuts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the first support act mor than the second, partially because I didn't like their music, partially because their swearing seemed extremely forced and out of place, and I guess because we were all annoyed that the main act was being delayed so long. We turned up on time, and saw the end of the first support act, then waited half an hour, then the next came on, for half an hour, then we waited another half an hour before the performance started.

    ReplyDelete