Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

New things, darned dark

Okay, last Friday at games night we had a game based around one team having a Baneblade and the other a Stompa. Two 1/1296 chance things happened. The stompa shot the baneblade, getting 3 chain reactions (6s) and then rolling a 6 for the explosion type. It then exploded and wiped out our entire army. The the next turn the stompa repaired the two points of damage my Vindicare had done to it. The turn after, the Vindicare penetrated it, getting 4 chain reactions on the stompa and destroying it. It didn't wipe out their army though.
   Next game I was allowed to try out 1000 points of Dark Eldar. I had 2 5-man Kabalite squads, a raider, a venom, 2 razorwing jetfighters, a talos, and 5 scourges. It was a 4 way battle, between me, Gray knights (Using a large squad of Paladins), Necrons (with the nightbringer) and tyranids. I got the first turn and went straight for the 'nids. I fired all 8 necrotoxin missiles, killing the entire gaunt brood and all but two Ymargil genestealers. The hive tyrant charged my scourges, killing one, and the leader with power weapon took a wound off the hive tyrant. My talos charged in, taking no damage from the tyrant and pulverizing it in return. My warriors fought a 5 man GK strike squad, and killed them after losing one of my squads to running off.  The razorwings were saved numerous times by the flickerfield, night shields doing nothing. One of the Tyranid warriors was gunned down, while the other and the prime was attacked by the talos, who insta-killed the warrior, and took two wounds off the prime, who was then killed by the ichor injector. The prime used rending to take a second wound off the talos. On the last turn I managed to take 3 wounds off the nightbringer by firing every poisoned weapon and dark lance I had at it. Some rippers appeared behind the last two kabalite.
   I was extremely happy with the 80 points from the nectotoxin missiles wiping out almost two squads on turn 1. The talos was amazing, especially with the upgrades. I completely forgot to mount the warriors on their transports, though.
   I think I shall start a Dark Eldar army.I've always wanted scourges, because of their models, especially the wings. And a turn 1 annihilation is always good.

   In other news, Evanesence has released their single, What You Want, onto iTunes, and I have added a link to the website and lyrics on youtube on my Music page.

No comments:

Post a Comment