Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Gmod and other interesting HL2 stuff

I got Gmod recently. I played around on it, but I can't spawn NPCs in multiplayer mode. I downloaded the HLDJ so I could play music on it. I can't find how to set up a gmod dedicated server though. I did manage to get a group of antlions to stand up though. Their front-back legs keep flipping all over the place when I move the back-front legs, or the head. It takes a while to get HLDJ to work properly, so here's a quick startup guide: when you run it, get it to find your games, then on the main menu, click "audio converter, and in the "output directory", put your folder (I called mine "gmod music"). This is where hldj will look for the music. In setup pick "add all" then choose a play key (I use F4). Go back to the main menu, choose your game from the drop down menu, and press the "play" arrow. When ingame, press the tidle key ( ` ), next to the "1" on your keyboard, and type "la", use the number to pick a song, and then press ` again to exit the console, then press your selected key to play. You can hear your own music while playing, and so can everyone else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment